Become a Care Angel
If you enjoy helping people and want to make a difference to their lives, this job could be just what you are looking for.
As a Care Angel you would help people who have difficulties with their daily activities. You could work with Adults, people with physical or learning disabilities, older people or families.
You will be working with service users in their own homes, in sheltered housing or in places like nursing homes. Your exact duties may vary depending on where you work, but could include:
- getting to know clients, their interests and their needs
- helping clients with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and feeding themselves
- carrying out general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping
- helping clients manage their budget, pay bills and write letters
- helping families get used to new caring responsibilities
- working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
- helping to organise leisure activities
- Going with clients to and from a residential home (for example, young people who go to a local college).
No Experience or qualification as full training is provided.
Experience in social care is good but not mandatory as training will be provided. When you apply for a job you will need to pass background checks before you are able to start working.
- on-the-job training.
You will be expected to take part in a 12-week probationary programme provided by your employer. This will be based on national minimum standards of care, which cover areas such as:
Working hours will vary, depending on your job, and may include evenings, nights, weekends or split shifts.